Logistics’ professionals are faced with increasing customer requirements as well as procurement and warehousing efficiency targets. Customers demand accurate and timely deliveries while organizations strive for lower inventory levels and cost efficiency.
Challenges in Logistics:
- Goods are delayed
- Order amounts are not met
- Production is halted due to missing raw materials
- Goods are delivered to wrong destination
- Wrong goods are delivered
- Goods are lost or damaged during shipment
- Organization cannot pinpoint from which warehouse / distribution center the problems originate
- Mistakes in sorting and inventories
- Too high warehouse levels
- Vessel capacity is too low
- Transportation costs are too high
- Rules and regulations are not followed
- Abundance of data in the operative business systems about supply chain performance and key influences
- Logistics Data is rarely used for process improvement.
- No proper visibility to ERP - what logistics data it actually contains and what can be drawn out
- Strategic objective to develop new supply models to address gaps in existing delivery capabilities or to move from make-to-stock to make-to-order supply model.
- No clear visibility to supply chain.
Tackling these conflicting objectives is not a simple task and requires a new approach.
QPR Process Mining Benefits for Logistics:
Typical benefits from using QPR ProcessAnalyzer and QPR's solution in Logistics Process Mining and operations improvements include:
QPR Solution for Logistics Process Mining:
QPR Solution for Logistics is based on QPR ProcessAnalyzer product and ready made analysis views and KPI process indicators focusing on Logistics process improvements.
QPR provides the right tools and methods to make most of the data and turn it into valuable information – process intelligence. Based on event data, QPR ProcessAnalyzer, a process mining software,
1) automatically visualizes the real end-to-end process,
2) provides key performance metrics and
3) shows what causes process hassle. It provides insight to supply chain performance.
Watch on-demand webinars:
Read more in our blog posts: