Are you thinking about starting a process mining project? Looking for application areas and use cases?
How does the automated business process discovery fit into your current process analysis approach?
Why Process Mining?
Traditionally, a company’s business processes and KPIs are analyzed and modeled based on qualitative methods, such as employee and customer interviews, workshops. These methods may be useful, but it takes time, costs money, and forms a subjective viewpoint that will rarely give you the full picture.
Process mining takes an entirely different and far more objective approach, analyzing your business by studying the facts behind your operations based on data.
Using Your Operational Data to Drive Better Business Results
Process mining is about automated business process discovery. It means using smart software to continuously analyze and visualize the flow of your operations based on real data so that you can identify specific ways to improve your business.
It is easier and more cost-effective than many people realize – with near instant results.
Process Mining Value Realization
With process mining introducing fact-based transparency into your business operations, you can cut costs and improve efficiency, customer satisfaction, and profit.
Process Mining Business Benefits
Higher Internal Efficiency
- Visualize your company’s real-time performance.
- Identify the root causes of business process inefficiencies.
- Quickly locate and fix bottlenecks.
- Reduce resource needs and free up working capital.
- Track your organizations' KPIs and their changes over time.
- Increase process automation rate.
- Increase the first-time-right rate.
Better Customer Experience
- Reduce lead times, late delivery, and improve delivery accuracy.
Increase Sales Revenues
- Improve cash flow.
Where Can Process Mining be Applied?
- Would you like to gain a better understanding of your organization's business processes for more accurate business decision making? Process mining provides a fact-based understanding of your operations by transforming the data stored in your ERP and other source systems.
- How to improve the process conformance rate to adhere to rules and regulations? Process mining can show your process variations and deviations. You can also compare your as-is process with the as-designed process with process mining's benchmarking to ensure the process compliance.
- Are you driving digital transformation initiatives, such as RPA? Process mining gives you access to your end-to-end process, so you can locate bottlenecks and prioritize your process improvement efforts to achieve a better ROI.
How to Prepare for Process Mining?
The data required for process mining comes in the form of event logs that IT systems typically record at various points along your business process flow timeline. By quickly extracting and reading these event logs, process mining software builds an instant visual model of a given flow. These models allow you not only to identify any deviations from an optimal business process but also to understand the reason for the variation so that you can make the necessary adjustments.
Getting started with process mining is simpler than you would imagine. Required event data contains these three columns:
- The case ID is a series of characters that identify different cases in the system, for example, sales order number, purchase order number or an order line identification number.
- Event type explains the process step which is occurring, for example, the purchase order created.
- A timestamp is an actual time when each process steps completed.
With this data, the process mining tool will automatically create business process flowchart diagrams, lead time analysis, and other out-of-the-box reports. Process mining can then be further expanded to develop root cause analysis by adding case level attributes like region, product group, customer group, payment term, pricing condition & user.
Start Your Organization's Process Mining with QPR ProcessAnalyzer
QPR ProcessAnalyzer has patented technology that offers the world’s best in business process analysis and prediction capabilities.
QPR's process mining solution is quick to implement, easily connects to conventional enterprise systems, and is available as a cloud, server, or desktop application.
QPR ProcessAnalyzer also combines familiar analysis tools with simple and flexible web and mobile dashboards, so it’s easy to visualize and report your findings to the rest of your team.